Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I got a flucky!

Getting "a flucky" is a Silver-ism for "I got a great deal!"-- it is derived from "getting off lucky" and it can be blamed entirely on my father, as can most of the strange (read: bad) jokes or sayings I know.

Anyway, my flucky was that I went to Giant with a coworker and when we were checking out I noted a container of cupcakes that had mangled icing but that was otherwise intact and in packaging. I commented that those cupcakes looked sad and then asked what they do with goods like that. She said throw them out. The horrors! I love cupcakes and could not let that occur. I asked if I could have them instead and she said yes. I am now the proud owner of 6 delicious Giant cupcakes. They just wanted to be loved, not trashed, and I can do that for them. 


2 comments: